Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome home Trey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Everyone,


Phew, what a few days! I took a big trip, my first. It was from the

hospital to my own house! That’s right, I am finally home!!! When I

left the hospital and breathed real air for the first time, my eyes

opened very wide; I was so excited to take it all in. One hundred and

two days in the NICU was just too much, and I sure am glad to be in a

real house…

My first night, mommy and daddy had the room very dark and quite. I

was not sure what to think of that, and made lots of noises and kept

them up all night long. They figured out that I was used to the NICU,

with lots of lights, buzzers, and commotion. After they left a small

light and noisy fan on the second night, we all got some sleep.

As you can see from my pictures, I still have a feeding tube and vital

sign monitor, at least for the time being. While not optimal, Mom and

Dad are looking at this as ‘insurance’ so I don’t have to go back into

the hospital. I do use the feeding tube for three feeds per day at

night, which helps me get the calories I need given the severe reflux

that I’ve been battling. And the monitor is ‘mobile’ in that it has a

shoulder strap and 16 hour battery life (almost good enough for a

hurricane, so I’m told). There are lots of special doctors that also

want to see me over the next few weeks. So while I require some

additional care and attention, I’m doing everything possible to insure

that I will be a ‘normal’ infant soon enough.

I met my dogs for the first time. Minnie danced around and barked, and

Duddley was quick to give me a kiss on my foot. They both can’t come

in to the nursery, but wait by the gate to protect me if I should need

it. I know I’ll have fun with them when I get a bit older.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, phone calls, etc. through

this journey. I look forward to meeting you all very soon!
 
Love,


Trey ‘33



PS – I left the NICU weighing in at 7 lbs .03 ounces. 19 ½ inches in

length. That is a lot of growing from my start at 1 lb 15 ounces and

13 inches!

No comments:

Post a Comment