Wednesday, April 28, 2010

26 weeks

Well we are 26 weeks pregnant. :) The baby now weighs over a pound and a half. His sense of hearing is getting more tuned this week and he is starting to breath in small amounts of amniotic fluid which will help his lungs develop. Last week we went to see the perinatologist and got a 3D ultrasound but he had his hand in front of his face. She also wanted to monitor my BP so she had me admited to the hospital for 24s. Vince and I both learned a hospital stay is no place to get any rest. After 24 hours I was released to go home. We monitored my BP over the weekend and checked in with the OB on Monday. She gave us good news, she said my readings were looking better and although she didn't think it was a good idea to return to work, she said I could relax a little on the bed rest and get up and do small things as long as I monitored my BP and rested often. Vince has been very busy at work so thankfully my parents have cooked us dinner several nights lately. We are doing well and will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment